November 28, 2005

Mending broken wings a big success!

whoa... it's been like, a REALLY long time since I wrote on this. SO much has happend since my last post a month ago, most noteably, perhaps, our PR class event back on November 9th. Our fundraiser, 'Mending Broken Wings, one youth at a time' was a great big success, and we raised $9,000.00 for Covenant House Vancouver.

The evening was a lot of fun, though a lot of work for the whole class. We pulled it off though! And, as you can see from the photos, we all looked SO good in white ;) To those of you who could make it--thanks!! your donations really make a difference with this organization. And to those of you who couldn't... well, you missed a good night! I myself didn't get to partake in any of the eating--nor did any of my other classmates, really. we were too busy running around executing our tasks. I was the MC for the night, so I just had to make sure that I didn't fumble too much through my speeches, or swear into the mike or anything like that... My opener was a bit of 'ummm' and 'uuhhhh' But I recoverded after that!

Pictured here is Vancouver's outgoing Mayor Larry Campbell.
He was at the event to speak to the crowd, and to help us draw the grand prize for the evening, (a flight for two to Toronto or Las Vegas), and he otherwise generally just moved around the room bidding on all sorts of our silent auction items and being goofy.

Once the room cleared out for the night, we all had a chance to raise a glass ( we had some special martinis made for the night, and this was our chance to sample them...), relax for a few minutes... or strike a pose... and then it was time to tear down our setup and either go home and crash or go out for more drinking.

I was amongst those going home to crash. Not only was the week about the event, but in the Journalism half of my degree, I was busy with daily newspaper production which kept me and the rest of the j-schoolers plenty busy from monday to thursday.

so, with those two major things out of the way for the semester, it was time to focus on the rest of the assignments for the semester! ack! gotta go do that work! bye!

No comments: