May 11, 2004

Once again, I have failed to get onto my blog within any reasonable space of time… StuLand is just there… I never said it was an exciting place to be… anyway, there have been plenty of goings-on since my last update!

Today’s theme will be about change… good, bad… who’s to say…
At work, ( I work for EPCOR, an Alberta based power retailer) we’ve had some people move on to new positions within the company. Three guys moved on last week, so it was sad to see them go. Luckily, we still see each other on the weekends to get stupid. Alas, during the work week, whilst this band of merry men hath moved on to a more exciting pocket of the forest, I am still tethered to my phone answering the call of customer service…

BUT… this too will soon be changing! I recently got accepted into the public relations management program back in BC at Kwantlen College. So, I will be headed back to the homeland! This is a fact for which I could not be more excited! It’s never been much of a secret that Edmonton isn’t my favorite place to be hanging my hat… and as of August, 2004… I won’t be any longer! The people I’ve met here are awesome, and they’ve made this place more a home than just a place to live, but I can’t deny the fact that this place has a rather negative hold over me all the same!

So, I’ll pack up my little pick-up (named the Gipper , which it shall heretofore be referred to as) with as much as she can hold, and hit the road! I see the next few months being very long as I look towards the day when I’ll tear off the rearview and kick up dust and never look back!

Also in the news, my school term ended a while back. I am happy to say I passed most of it with flying colours. Oddly enough, my lowest grade came from the course that I held the most interest in, my public relations fundamentals class. Go figure. Hopefully that won’t turn into a mediocre career of the same type…

Spring has sprung and the grass is riz…but I wonders where the flowers iz? Though the snow has melted off, old man winter is trying to keep his arthritic fingers wrapped around the province of alberta… His icy tendrils have resulted in the odd snowfall, and generally cool temps. Trees are starting to bud, but the cold weather seems to be slowing down the process around here. We have had a few days of great weather, but sweaters and jackets are being kept close at hand….

No comments: